On June 4, 2015 Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine adopted by its Decree №367 the Order of entering the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and exiting it, which establishes, among other things, the rules and procedure for entering and exiting temporarily occupied territory by foreigners (http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/367-2015-%D0%BF), basing on the requirements of the Law of Ukraine «On ensuring rights and freedoms of citizens and legal regime on the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine». The Order prescribes that entering or exiting the temporarily occupied territory shall be carried out through the checkpoints with a passport and a special permit, issued by the territorial unit of State Migration Service of Ukraine. The list of the checkpoints is attached to the mentioned Order. In case of breach of the mentioned rules and procedures, established by the Order, the persons shall be brought to responsibility.
LAW OF UKRAINE
On the rights and freedoms of citizens and legal regime in the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine
(Verkhovna Rada (VVR), 2014, № 26, st.892)
Article 4. Legal regime of temporarily occupied territory
1. On the temporarily occupied territory on the validity of the Act applies special legal regime of crossing borders temporarily occupied territory, committing transactions, conducting elections and referendums, the realization of other rights and freedoms of man and citizen.
2. The legal regime of temporarily occupied territory provides for a special procedure for the rights and freedoms of citizens of Ukraine residing in the temporarily occupied territory.
3. Legal regime of temporarily occupied territory may be prescribed, modified or revoked by the laws of Ukraine.
Article 10. The order for temporary entry of persons occupied territory and exit from it
1. Citizens of Ukraine have the right to free and unimpeded access to the territory temporarily occupied and out of it through the control points of entry and exit upon presentation of a document of identity and proof of citizenship of Ukraine.
2. The entry of foreigners and stateless persons in the temporarily occupied territory and exit from it are allowed only by special permission through the control points of entry and exit.
The entry procedure is established by the Decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine №367 from June 4, 2015 “On the order of entering the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine and departure from it”.
Citizens of Ukraine may enter the occupied Crimea and leave it with any documents referred to in Article 5 of the Law "On Citizenship of Ukraine" or Article 2 of the Law "On procedure of exit from Ukraine and entry to Ukraine for the citizens of Ukraine".
Citizens of Ukraine under 16 years old enter Crimea with travel documents or in the presence of their parents, to whose passports their data are inserted.
Data on foreign minors or stateless persons under 18 years entered into special permits issued to their parents or representatives.
A special permit is issued in cases of:
1) residing in the temporarily occupied territory of relatives and family members of a foreigner or stateless person, as evidenced by documents issued by authorized state bodies of Ukraine;
2) the gravesites of relatives or family members are located on the occupied territory, as evidenced by relevant documents;
3) the death of close relatives or family members living in the occupied territory of Ukraine, which is confirmed by relevant documents;
4) the availability of property rights to real estate located in the occupied territory;
5) the need to participate in the defense of national interests of Ukraine to the peaceful settlement of the conflict, liberation of Ukraine from occupation or for humanitarian policy (the request or consent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
6) the necessity of diplomatic and consular functions, in particular within the framework of international organizations of which Ukraine is a party (the request or consent of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
7) making regular trips to the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine related to the employment of employees of railways.
Special permissions are issued by territorial bodies of the State Migration Service at the place of stay of a foreigner or a stateless person, as well as in Novotroitsk and Henichesk districts of Kherson Region within 5 working days.
It can be single or multiple, its duration may not exceed the permitted period of stay of a foreigner in Ukraine.
Special permissions for multiple entries are issued for one year to those who regularly travels to the Crimea in public affairs, railroad, as well as foreigners or stateless persons who have a permanent residence permit in Ukraine and whose residence is registered in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea.
Persons guilty in breaking the mentioned order are subjected to criminal and administrative liability according to Ukrainian legislation in force.